Saturday, August 08, 2020

Assorted Packaged Goods: Noodles, Pâté, and Natto

Fu Chung Instant Noodles

OK, here's more packaged food, starting with our usual instant noodles. This series is from Fu Chung in Taiwan. The green one on the left caught my attention: basil and clam flavor. To my surprise, it was spicy too, and the noodles themselves were fun and chewy. But, alas, it was sweet. The spicy one on the right wasn't much better. No need to get these again.

Feyel Pâté

Next up is pâté from a French brand called Feyel. I hardly know pâté well enough to call out any nuances, but I enjoyed it. Perhaps more interesting was that it was brought in by the Indoguna folks. And just like I saw with their own cured meats, Meidi-Ya is cheaper than Cold Storage. In this case, it was significantly cheaper, so I have to remember not to load up next time I'm at Meidi-Ya.

Okame Hikiwari Natto

Finally, here's some natto. Meidi-Ya has a substantial variety to choose from, and I really don't know the differences between them. So just for the sake of it, I grabbed the most expensive one, just to see what was unique about it. To my surprise, the beans were small...and broken apart into even smaller fragments at that. It was only after I looked it up did I realize that this was a hikiwari version that was crushed to make it more sticky and tasty. Delicious.

No comments: