Sunday, May 24, 2020

My Own Little Butter Shootout: Échiré vs Bordier

Échiré Butter

I've always been a big fan of Échiré Butter. That stuff is so deliciously savory that it would help me wolf down loaves of bread without realizing it. But recently. we got our hands on some Bordier butter, which has a big fanatical following. I was curious to see what differences we could taste. This afternoon, I did a small shootout with some sourdough bread and radishes.

Bordier Butter

Bordier won. Or at least, it was softer (in taste) and more well-rounded; it was slightly cheese-like with more complex flavors going on. That said, I still love Échiré. It's more savory and punchy, and it still makes me gobble down bread as if there were no tomorrow. I'd be happy with both, but I now see why Bordier is so acclaimed.

Carne Meats by Indoguna

BTW, I've been buying these Carne Meats charcuterie packs for a while now. They aren't anything to go nuts over, but it's nice that they are from a local shop called Indoguna, with a variety of options available (I like their rosette salami the best, and their chorizo the least). Plus, they are in conveniently-sized portions, and at reasonable prices. Pro tip: they're cheaper at Meidi-Ya than at Cold Storage.

No comments: