Thursday, April 09, 2020

Takeaway from Alma by Juan Amador, Singapore

Cauliflower Tartine

One interesting thing about the current coronavirus "circuit breaker" period is that Michelin-starred restaurants are now doing takeaway meals. At Alma at the Goodwood Park Hotel (22 Scotts Road, 6735-9937), the meals are reasonably-priced too, at just S$29 (US$20) for that delicious cauliflower tartine set above.

It's what you'd expect of a one Michelin-starred restaurant, with quality ingredients all around, starting with that chewy sourdough bread, all the way through to the cumin-laced chickpeas, large firm prawns, egg, cauliflower, and Elemental cheese.

I gobbled this down with ease, especially since it came with some mildly spicy potato chips and even a vanilla financier. I was also happy with his signature potato bread with smoked Bordier butter. Awesome; I finished my meal with a big smile on my face.

2 comments:

I Love Teh Tarik! said...

you meant goodwood park la hor?

bma said...

Good catch. Corrected. Thank you!