Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ippudo Tao, UE Square, Singapore

Kuro Ramen

Ippudo has opened another branch in Singapore, but this time under the puzzling name Ippudo Tao (207 River Valley Road #01-55, 6887-5315), apparently after some taiko drum group or something. Regardless, the family lineage still showed, as evidenced by the presence of their Goma-Q on the menu. Still, the ramen selection was slightly different - this one above was the tao kuro, or black ramen.

It was tasty (and I liked the crudely cut noodles featured in this one), but it still wasn't kogashi ramen. Well, I'm not complaining. Even if the taste of Keisuke sings to me much more, these guys are open late, which means that I'll easily come here over Ohsho or Noodle House Ken now. Note to self in case I need it later: last order from Mon-Thu is at 11 PM, Fri-Sat is at 1 AM, and Sunday is at 10 PM.

No comments: