Sunday, March 04, 2007

Al Dente Trattoria, Holland Village

Italian Meat Lover's Pizza

Here's the Italian Meat Lover's pizza from Al Dente (22 Lorong Mambong, 6468-4688, with another location at the Esplanade), a place that I never really had huge gripes about, yet not a place that I particularly went nuts over either. That was pretty much the same sentiment I had about the pizza today too; while certainly filling and edible, I really wasn't as satisfied as I could have been, as there wasn't really anything particularly spectacular about it. The crust was thin and crispy, but only on the outer rim. The center wasn't soggy, but it was suprisingly limp (not as much as a Mexican tortilla, but getting there).

If I were to come here again, it will probably be for a cream-based pasta instead, which I have had better (and memorably rich) experiences with. If I wanted a pizza, I'd probably just head next door to Spizza instead. Or even better, make my way down to La Braceria.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the thin crust pizza at Peperoni in Greenwood Avenue? They are pretty good and is not expensive. While there, try the Portobella Mushroom. Come to think of it, I don't recall you having written anything about eating at Greenwood Ave. There's Chat Masala, Sebastien's, Greenwood Fish, Grill at Hillcrest, Raku etc

bma said...

Sure: here, here, here, here, and here.

Chat Masala sounds interesting though...I'm taking note of that for future reference. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

^ahh i went to chat masala, i reckon its okish, i thought the cooking was a tad bit sweet and the incents were a bit strong in the place though if you like that sort of thing, then go ahead.

Anyway, the al dente place, i reckon is really boring and only if your desperate for some very medicore italian food. I did and nearly fell asleep eating there, its just no character to it, plus a restaurent which has a 'B' health rating when some hawkwer centres can keep an 'A' i think its a bit of a disgrace.

my thoughts of course.

Anonymous said...

Peperoni didn't really do it for me, I prefer Pizza da Donato (that's what its called, I think)at sixth ave, near guthrie house. Thin crust pizza, good variety and you can buy by the slice. This place is literally a hole in the wall although I think Donato's has a full-service restaurant elsewhere in Bt Timah.

Unknown said...

I’m Italian so I know how a pizza should be. At Al Dente, I had the worst pizza ever in my life, I did not eat it, I just send it back. The manager was very kind actually that made me change it with pasta, that it was below average. Want a good Pizza?? Da Paolo Pizza bar