Thursday, December 08, 2005

Coq and Bull Rotisserie and Grill

Steak Tartare

Last time I was passing by the restaurants on Greenwood Avenue, I noticed this place as having steak tartare on the menu, so I made a mental note to myself to come back here (2 Greenwood Avenue, 6468-9262) and try it. And today, I did. Using the steak tartare as an appetizer (which means a 100g serving - they can blow it up in further 100g increments if you want it as a main course), I started mixing away. It was decently fresh, but I have to say that I still prefered the spicier taste that I got in Spain. (Is it because this is more of a French style or something? I suppose that this place is part of the Les Amis family.)

Australian Ribeye

I then moved on to the Australian Ribeye, which to my surprise, was very, very tender and tasty. It was seriously one of the most tender steaks that I've had, and I didn't even order the wagyu option that they had. They provided bearnaise and red wine jus sauces for it, but I didn't bother touching those - I prefer naked steaks anyway. I wasn't a big fan of the side salad though (it seemed like just oil on the leaves).

Anyway, the service here was very attentive and friendly, which was nice. And Atkins dieters can unite in joy at this place as there is nary a mention of carbs on the menu at all - it's almost literally all meat. In fact, the only carbs I could find was the bread. Despite the much better than average experience here though, I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon. Something about the overall taste just still brought back memories of Sebastien's, which I was not a big fan of (I guess I just don't like French food that much in general). Oh well; I'm glad I tried this place though. And I know where to come if I really do crave their steak tartare one of these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is the steak tartare raw??? BTW your blog rocks!