Thursday, August 10, 2023

Nagoya’s Tori Sanwa Has Opened in Singapore

Aburi Oyako Don

The folks behind Ajisen brought this oyakodon chain down to Raffles City Shopping Centre (252 North Bridge Road #B1-75). It's too bad that I didn't like it. I'm not sure if the Ajisen folks messed it up or if this is the way that it is supposed to be, but that bowl above was so unremarkable that I never would've thought that it was from a famous chain if no one had told me about it.

Well, at least the karaage that they provided on the side was moist with a light batter, even if it wasn't seasoned as nicely as Rang Mang Shokudo. And I'd be willing to go back to try the negi shio chicken that I saw on the menu, as I'm hopeful that it will be similar that basil chicken from Ootoya that I like so much. But I'm not getting the oyakodon again.

No comments: