Monday, November 07, 2022

Papa Brand Instant Kua Chap from Thailand

Papa Oriental Style Instant Kua Chap

There are a bazillion languages plastered all over the packaging above, but this packet of instant kway chap is from Thailand. And it was pretty darned good with its thin, salty, and spicy broth. The little squares of flat noodles weren't exactly filling, but that's exactly what I was looking for in a late night snack. Next time I just need to remember to stir it right after throwing it into the water so that they don't all stick together again.

Xiangyue Zuixiangyu

Since I was still rummaging through packaged food in the pantry tonight, I also decided to open up a pack of spicy fish from China that I picked up from Scarlett sometime ago. It's the one on the far right with a butterflied fish inside, and it was pretty darned spicy, salty, and savory. Admittedly it wasn't the easiest thing to chew, but that's also what kinda made it fun. It'd go great with some light beer, and I'm going to stock up on more.

No comments: