Sunday, October 31, 2021

TamJai SamGor's Mala Gose and Wula Stout

TamJai SamGor's Mala Gose and Wula Stout

One of the reasons for the dearth of posts last week was because I had eaten multiple times at TamJai SamGor, none of which was very remarkable. Why was I doing that to myself? For these beers. See, they weren't available for purchase. The only way that one could get them was to get a card stamped for the number of bowls that you ate, after which one could get one of these beers that they did in collaboration with the Young Master Brewery. I'm now sick of their noodles, but hey, I finally scored these coveted beers.

And I finally popped them open on this rainy afternoon. The gose was a lot better than I thought it would be, carrying just the right amount of acidity without the mala flavors overwhelming it. I've become a big fan of sour beers recently, and this was just the refreshing pick-me-up that I needed. But I didn't like the stout at all. I mean, it was basically just a smoky stout, but with a hint of their peppery Wula broth. If they do make these available for purchase after this month, then I'd stick to the gose.

No comments: