Friday, May 28, 2021

Chooby Pizza at the Old Hen Kitchen in Singapore

Margherita and Spiced Coconut Chicken Pizza

Getting these took a bit of effort. Run out of a daytime coffee place, these guys only serve pizzas for a few hours on Wednesday to Friday night (125 Owen Road, 8923-9814). And it's only by reservation, which opens up online on Monday at noon. So I had to plan ahead to just to place my order, let alone getting the food.

So what's the fuss? It's Neapolitan style pizza, so it's all about the dough, including the flour and fermentation. That made the crust nice and chewy, although it was a bit on the soft side, meaning that I still prefer the texture of L'Operetta. But it was certainly much better than that 800° place.

Actually, the thing that I liked the most here was that spiced coconut chicken pizza on the right, which basically tasted just like tom kha kai. I'd order that again next time, hopefully after dine-in service resumes given that the booze selection looked promising. Thanks for the tip!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is a pizza enough for 2 or one per person?

bma said...

They’re pretty small; really just for one person. The side benefit is that the box is small enough to go down the trash chute.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip. I miss Logic though. It was my go to place for pizza and pasta.