Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Craft Pizza in Boat Quay, Singapore

Craft Red

Pizza suddenly sounded good for dinner tonight, so I stopped by this place on my way home (35A Boat Quay, 6235-6977). They pitch themselves as "artisanal," featuring a variety of high-end flours and toppings. It came through in the final product, especially with an impressively airy and crispy crust, as well as a nice olive oil on the table that I used for some added finish. That made it better than 800°, but it still wasn't the awesome chewy dough that one gets from L'Operetta. One day I should head back to Fabbrica to give them another try. I'm also curious to see what the big deal is about Lucali BYGB but am still in disbelief that they charge S$55 (US$41) for a pizza there.

3 comments:

Zeekco said...

Lucali's is definitely overpriced and under deliver. Not worth it.

Unknown said...

That's $55 for a margherita. Onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, anchovies, peppers, olives, all $5 each. so that $55 pizza could be a $70 pie if you pick 3 toppings. At least it's a big pie.

elektra said...

I was completely underwhelmed by Lucali's tasteless dough. I hope you'll give DOC and Chooby Pizza a try and let me know what you think. And also when 4a.m. finally opens in Sentosa...