Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Flying Monkey on Bussorah Street, Singapore

Nalli Nihari

This doesn't sound like an Indian place, but it is probably one of the best Indian restaurants in town (67 Bussorah Street, 6291-0695). I was happy with everything that they brought out today, including that very tender lamb shank above, some cute little galouti kebabs (seriously, I wouldn't have thought that those silky things were mutton), or a salli keema minced lamb served with pau baji-like buns.

My favorites were easily the tawa seabass with its crispy seasoned edges as well as the mustard-marinated cauliflower grilled in the tandoor. Yes, I'm definitely coming back, if anything to take the cocktail bar for a whirl (I had a few of their non-alcoholic drinks today and I liked them enough that I ordered several more). Plus, one can order a chewy Neapolitan pizza from Pizza Fabbrica next door; they're owned by the same team.

No comments: