Friday, December 11, 2020

Deanna’s Kitchen at Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre

Big Prawn Noodle

Yep, more prawn noodle. But this one is halal, and it has since expanded into a small chain. I went to the original outlet this morning at Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre (127 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #02-25).

No one is going to accuse them of being shy on flavor: it was all noticeably spicy and sweet, including the soup, which was otherwise also very robust with the taste of shellfish. (Did I also taste hints of lemongrass in the chili?) Yes, the prawns were fresh, and the wet wipe was included as well.

Despite how sweet it was, I still ate it all. And I'd be happy to eat it again if it were nearby. But the sweetness also means that it won't be my first choice, which for now is still the Tekka Centre stall.

No comments: