Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Xun Qin Ji Shaanxi Noodles in Tiong Bahru, Singapore

Set A

How cool is it that there are more and more Shaanxi places showing up? This one (58 Seng Poh Road #01-17, 8922-2806) had a short menu similar to the Biang Biang folks up in Toa Payoh. I went for this set above, featuring liangpi, roujiamo, and some of that Xi'an orange soda.

I didn't care that much for the texture of the roujiamo bread, but the meat inside was fatty and moist at least. The liangpi was refreshing, even if it wasn't very spicy (and I asked for extra chili too). I was happy to have eaten it either way, especially since it was all less than S$10 (US$7.40).

2 comments:

Jack said...

This was my favorite place. I went today and it was closed. Replaced by a charcoal porridge restaurant. So sad.

Any other Biang Biang men restaurants to recommend?

bma said...

I thought I saw a shop at People's Park Complex in Chinatown recently, but I didn't try it and don't remember the specific stall.