Saturday, December 22, 2018

Los Panchos Taco Shop in San Diego, California

Tostada de ceviche de camaron

After that slice of pizza, I headed down the street to this place (409 Washington Street, 619-295-5828). Why? The menu was largely X-berto's style, but interestingly, they had a section of their menu that seemed to be more focused on how things are done south of the border, including soups, "mini tacos Tijuana style," and seafood. I was really looking forward to trying their shrimp ceviche tostada.

It seems though that La Guerrerense down in Ensenada has set the bar so high for me that I was let down, especially since the salsas here were largely sour and just didn't have the punch that I was hoping for. Well, I still ate it all, and the staff was very friendly. I am kinda curious about all of the various soups that I saw them offering either way.

No comments: