Saturday, December 01, 2018

Marisquería el K-Guamo in Colonia Centro, Mexico City

Pulpo Tostada

When I walked into this Eater 38 shop (10 Ayuntamiento, +52-55-5915-5495) and asked for a pulpo tostada, they brought me that cracker in the foreground. I was totally puzzled; do they use saltine crackers here instead of a fried corn tortilla? If so, then I woudn't have ordered it.

A few minutes later, they brought me the tostada behind it, bringing me a big sigh of relief. Now, they didn't fry their tortillas to order like the stall yesterday. And surprisingly, hey didn't have any fresh salsa. But one of the bottles on the table was a potent habanero, which made me happy.

I could be a tostada snob and say that I can get better ones in Baja. But honestly, this was pretty good despite the shortcomings above, especially given how finely they diced their onions. I liked it enough that I ordered a second one.

Epilogue: OMG, I just realized that La Guerrerense (the Baja shop that I linked to above) has opened a shop in Condesa! I literally walked RIGHT BY it yesterday on that tacos tour and completely missed it. AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: