Saturday, June 01, 2013

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen at IAH Terminal E

New Orleans Campechana

Believe it or not, I actually had my heart set on coming to Houston airport to eat at this place. Why? I had noticed it when I came in the other day (along with Cat Cora's restaurant there), and somehow the thought of trying this Texan Cajun seafood chain sounded interesting. It turned out that it was right next to my gate this morning too, so I went upstairs to the bar and tried to find the quickest thing that I could get.

I ended up with this campechana, a Mexican ceviche cocktail that was adjusted in New Orleans to add things like Tabasco. I wasn't sure why they gave saltine crackers with it at first, but it became obvious once I took my first bite. The carbs not only helped offset the salty salsa, but also it made for a bit of a utensil that one could use to scoop this stuff out of this top-heavy glass. Next time I should come here to try the other stuff on the menu.

No comments: