Friday, April 28, 2017

Spinach & Soup at Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market

Spinach Soup

When you're on a temporary no-carb diet, there's not much that you can really eat at a hawker center in Singapore. Maybe certain chicken wings, maybe some selected types of yong tau foo, and maybe bak kut teh without rice. But other than that, it's pretty difficult. Then the other day I just happened to walk by this stall (6 Tanjong Pagar Plaza #02-34) and noticed that it was just meat, veg, and eggs. "Hey, I can eat that," I thought. So I came on over for dinner tonight.

It was good, particularly with the salted and century egg inside, which made that broth savory and well-rounded. I liked it so much that I went for a second bowl, but of course that was also because I didn't get any carbs added to my first bowl to make me full. Now, I hardly remember the spinach soup guys at Amoy Street, so it's tough for me to make a comparison. But I'm just happy to have found this. I just need to remember not to use their soy sauce since it's the sweet kind.

No comments: