Friday, February 19, 2010

Chong Pang Huat, Zion Riverside Food Centre

Satay

This probably wasn't anything too exciting in the realm of satay. But what interested me was the fact that this Chinese vendor at Zion Food Centre stall number 18 offered a pork version: something that seemed out of place for a dish that I normally associate with Malaysia or Indonesia. I've never been a big fan of that sweet peanut dipping sauce though.

Fortunately, these guys also sell local chicken wings, which thereby came with that garlic chili sauce that usually accompanies chicken rice. I ended up dipping my satay into that instead. And ironically, I ate the chicken wings without sauce given how great the grilled skin tasted on its own...or at most with a little squeeze of lime for some extra bite.

3 comments:

whatisis said...

aiyah that's so common lah!

Anonymous said...

did u like the pork satay?

Richard said...

Kwong Satay (a couple of stalls down from the satay beehoon stall) at East Coast Park Hawker Centre that does pork belly satay for a sing dollar a stick. Pretty decent stuff!