Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hong Kee Beef Noodle at Amoy Street Food Centre

Beef Noodle

I wasn't planning to get two lunches in a row today, but I just happened to be passing by Amoy Street Food Centre on my way back to the office when it occurred to me that there was a Michelin Bib Gourmand stall there that I wanted to try (7 Maxwell Road #01-42). There was a huge line just a few stalls down for another Bib Gourmand stall, A Noodle Story, but none here despite being in the middle of the busy lunch hour. Good for me then!

Anyway, I was impressed, particularly with the cuts of beef. They really brought its taste out, a bit like the way a beef bouillon or consommé does. Indeed, at other local beef noodle places, I've suggested the idea of skipping the brown sauce and instead drowning it in some of that sour red chili sauce. But here I hardly touched the chili sauce as the beef was spot-on, and the brown sauce wasn't overwhelming either.

No comments: