Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tex-Mex Migas from Room Service

Tex-Mex Migas

Yes, it's room service again. But I needed to get some food in my belly quickly, and interestingly, there was a local item on the menu here: migas. So I figured that I might as well get it while I'm in Texas, even if I wasn't that impressed last time. Somehow the idea that these might be a bit similar to chilaquiles helped that decision along.

Unfortunately, that set up the wrong expectations, as there were hardly any chips in this at all. And the fact that they provided flour tortillas put me off even more, although it also served as a reminder to me that this is Tex-Mex rather than Mexican food. Well, if it has to be Tex-Mex here, then I really have to get myself to a Tacodeli or Torchy's - those places are awesome.

No comments: