Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Breakfast Pie from Room Service

Breakfast Pie

Gosh, I can hardly remember the last time that I ordered room service. But I was in a rush to get to my morning meetings before heading to the airport, and to my surprise, the room service prices at this hotel weren't as outrageous as I had thought, with this item above being only $10. I had no idea what a "breakfast pie" was - I figured that maybe it was like that tamale pie that I had a couple of months ago. It turned out to be this tortilla-wrapped omelet, if you will, and it was actually good enough that I shoveled it down in seconds.

Granted, the low food price was probably subsidized by the room rate at this hotel, which was quite outrageous for what was only a mid-range hotel at best (I believe that there is a convention in town right now or something). And interestingly, they still left you a section to write in a tip, despite the fact that they already added a service charge *and* gratuity to the meal. I felt kinda bad for not giving the delivery guy anything as a result - I really hope that the hotel gives him his take of that "gratuity" that they slapped onto the bill.

No comments: