Monday, October 14, 2024

Nashville Hot Shrimp Roll Sushi from Hissho

Nashville Hot Shrimp Roll Sushi from Hissho

Yep, those were the words that caught my eye too: Nashville hot shrimp sushi. I knew that I shouldn't get my hopes up, but the thought of Nashville hot chicken gave me a glimmer of hope.

I was too optimistic. The roll ont the right was sweet and was covered in mayonnaise, and featured cold and mushy rice that one would expect from supermarket sushi. The Sichuan chili crisp California roll to the left of it wasn't spicy either, although at least it got a little more interesting when I added my own.

And yes, this was from a supermarket. Actually, it's a creation of Hissho Sushi from North Carolina, and it's distributed by supermarkets like Sprouts under the name Oumi Sushi. That made it unique at least.

No comments: