Thursday, October 19, 2023

The Original Q Shack in Durham, North Carolina

Three Meat Combo

We had a few beers down the road from Saltbox before heading across the street to this barbecue shop (2510 University Drive, 919-402-4227). I was particularly interested in it because it was supposed to serve Lexington/Piedmont-style barbecue, and I was hoping to get a better grasp of it while I was out here. It's too bad then that this shoulder meat (which is buried under the pickles and onions above, next to the brisket and St Louis ribs below it) was a bit boring, being relatively dry. I'm not entirely sure how true to form this was, seeing how the coleslaw wasn't red like I understand the Western style to be. But I liked having those veggies on the plate, not to mention that black pepper-heavy sauce.

No comments: