Monday, October 16, 2023

The Pit Authentic Barbecue in Raleigh, North Carolina

Souble Combo

I’ve never been to North Carolina before, but I wanted to try the local pork-based barbecue. This shop in downtown that seemed convenient enough (328 West Davie Street, 919-890-4500). I grabbed this double combo platter with both an Eastern style pulled pork on the right as well a chopped pork on the left.

I'm not sure if the chopped pork was the Lexington/Piedmont style, but I liked it less because it was leaner and drier, and hence needed that seasoning to keep it going. The one on the right was better because it was fattier and smokier on its own.

I don't know if these properly represented the two main Carolina styles, nor how they were supposed to go with the vinegar and sweet sauce that were at the counter. But I'm sure that I'll be eating more barbecue in the upcoming days so I'll figure it out eventually.

No comments: