Saturday, September 07, 2024

Shawarma Star BBQ Charcoal Grill in Glasgow

Lamb Shwarma Box

Kebabs were not on my list of things to eat in Scotland. But I didn't have anything but beer in my belly tonight and needed something solid to go in there, and this late night place (44 Dundas Street, 0141-384-4679) was right next to the train station.

It was impressively good, not only in that the lamb was fatty and actually tasted like lamb, but also there were some super salty pickles buried in there, with hummus as an availble option. I loved how the lamb was fatty enough to leave a shiny residue on the bread underneath, making it easy to gobble up.

Perhaps most importantly though, they didn't use a sweet chili sauce, but instead was more like that thin Yemeni one that I like, albeit spiked with some garlic. They had signage for Kurdish tea available; I'm not sure if the food was a Kurdish take on it all, but it was good.

No comments: