Friday, September 06, 2024

Rüya Gemüse Kebap in Berlin, Germany

Gemüse Kebap

There's a very famous kebab shop in Berlin called Mustafa's that is open late with long lines, but I have not been able to go there yet. This shop, on the other hand, was supposedly even better, less touristy, and was near my meetings morning (Otto-Suhr-Allee 19). I had a feeling that this one was going to fare much better than the one from the other night.

Yep, the kebab turned out to be huge. The bread was basically opened up like a laptop computer with tons of veggies about to topple out of it. I basically had to eat those vegetables with a fork before I could close the lid and eat the underlying meat in sandwich form. Fortunately, the bread wasn't anywhere as dense as it looked, being light and crispy instead.

But the sauce was sweet, almost like an American barbecue sauce. They were three different sauces available and I suspect that it was the spicy sauce that made it sweet. So next time I'll skip that, especially since they also had dried chili powder available for you to scoop on top, including an "extreme" one that packed some decent heat.

No comments: