Friday, September 06, 2024

Omdur Sudanese Streetfood Restaurant in Berlin

Tamiya

I was pretty excited about going to a Sudanese restaurant precisely because I'd never tried it before (Schlesische Strasse 38, 0176-67901700). I probably should've read the description a little more closely though, because it turned out to be a shop dedicated to falafels. Granted, the Sudanese version called tamiya are different with a spicy peanut sauce on top, which was nice. But the falafels themselves were hard and dry, reminding me of the falafels that I disliked back in college. The magali, or fried vegetables, weren't as exciting I had hoped for either. Perhaps the most interesting thing then was the salad dressing, which I think was made from mangoes. I still ate it all, but next time I want to try the Ghanian place down the street instead.

No comments: