Sunday, May 12, 2024

Trying Song Kee Fishball Noodles Again

Dry Fishball Kueh Teow

I recall liking a Song Kee outlet in the past, as well as its family variants. So it was nice to be able to get a quick bowl at its location across from Serangoon Stadium today (100 Yio Chiu Kang Road, 9336-2745). Yes, the dumplings were good as always, but this time I finally took more notice of the fishballs themselves, which had a mildly gritty texture that made them so much better than the smooth ones that are typically served at other shops. I also liked how they tossed the noodles here with a generous amount of oil, as well as some dried shrimps, if I tasted it correctly. The only letdown was the tofu, which was fine on its own but a bit of a bore compared to those crispy natto pouches that I've been eating from Yomoda.

No comments: