Sunday, March 31, 2024

Blackgoat at Jalan Batu Market & Food Centre

Striploin Steak

You probably don't see too many hawker stalls staffed with a whopping six people. But this one was set up by a former Burnt Ends chef, and there was already a huge line when I arrived ten minutes after they opened this afternoon (4A Jalan Batu #01-05, 8383-5982). I waited at least 30 minutes to place my order and then maybe another 20 minutes for my food.

They focused on grilled meat, and that striploin above was certainly an upgrade over what you would otherwise get at a hawker center, although the salad could have used less dressing. He did burgers too; they were likewise heavily sauced but at least the underlying beef had some promise. I wouldn't wait in line for it again, but if I do go back, then I'd need to remember to get there earlier.

No comments: