Monday, July 10, 2023

The Huiguorou from Qiu Jin Xiao Chao

Huiguorou

Here's the huiguorou from Qiu Jun Xiao Chao. It was pretty good with its thin yet greasy strips of pork, all without being too salty. But it was loaded with leeks, which isn't going to make me very popular in the office this afternoon.

This came with a side of their poached lettuce, which was laced with some tasty oil and was even garnished with green chili peppers. But they weren't spicy, and it was also topped with crushed garlic - some of which was still a little raw - that likewise is going to keep people away from me later today.

I am becoming a fan of this place though, especially since these dishes can easily span more than a few bowls of rice. I tried their golden hot and sour beef soup the other day and was happy with it too. One day I'll try the suancaiyu, even if it is presumably pretty similar to the beef but with a protein swap.

No comments: