Saturday, July 15, 2023

Adam Rd Noo Cheng Big Prawn Noodle

Pork Belly Prawn Noodle Dry

The last time I ate from this stall (2 Adam Road #01-17) was long before they and their Zion Road companions got their Michelin Bib Gourmands. The bowls were cheaper back then; now they have bowls going up to S$30 (US$22) if you opt for the biggest prawns. I'm not sure if it comes with a free pack of tissues at that price.

I stuck to the low-end and was probably just as happy with those thin slices of pork belly and longtudinally cut prawns on top of silky and oiled-up rice noodles. The broth wasn't artificially sweet, and was even a bit acidic, but savory and earthy nonetheless. I should go back to Fresh Taste soon to make a more updated comparison.

On that note, I was surprised to see that this stall had a sign saying that the morning and night shifts are run by different owners. Even if the recipies and techniques are similar, it makes me wonder if they procure from the same suppliers, and hence how different the bowls end up being.

1 comment:

bma said...

OK I went to the Zion Road stall last night and didn’t like it, as the noodles were ketchup-y, the prawns weren’t that fresh, and the pork wasn’t as nicely sliced. The only thing I did like was the broth, which was savory without being acidic, thus being a leg up on the Adam Road stall.