Saturday, September 17, 2022

Burger House at Horsecity Near the Grandstand

Beef Burger

Google Maps highlighted this place when I was nearby (100 Turf Club Road #01-05). But there were a number of problems with Google's listing, including the routing (don't go behind the stables like it suggests, but just go to Horsecity and look for BUN @ Gallop Resort) as well as the menu photos, whose prices are maybe only half of what they charge. I think they were from an earlier era when they served on paper trays.

The patty was decent with its juiciness and slight beefiness, but that taste got buried underneath the cheese and sauce, even though those weren't excessive. It was only after I looked it up afterwards did I realize that this place is from a former Omakase Burger guy. Suddenly it all made sense as to why my thoughts were so similar. This falls short of my list of top burger places either way.

No comments: