Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Xiao Man Spicy Soup at Galaxis in One-North

Malatang

That doesn't look like much above, but I'm definitely going back for more. At first glance, the place looked like any other malatang shop with its requisite open fridge of meat and veggies for you to toss into a big bowl with tongs (1 Fusionopolis Place #01-26, 6976-8586). They threw those into a brown broth that didn't look very encouraging either, but there was a lot going on in that broth with its many subtle herbal notes. The thing that I'm really coming back for though is their red chili oil, which I think they make from scratch in the shop. It had the perfect balance of smokiness, saltiness, oiliness, and spiciness. Seriously, that's some of the best chili oil that I've had in a long time, and I'm going back just for that.

No comments: