Friday, August 12, 2022

Hi Noodle (Haiyiwan Miandian) at 313@somerset

Salted Egg Yolk Shrimp Noodle with King Oyster Mushroom Salad and Western Mixed Vegetables

I'm not sure where this place is from (313 Orchard Road #B3-19). On the surface, it looks like it's from mainland China, especially with a condiment bar that looks like it's from a hotpot shop, as well as things like suancaiyu and mala xiaolongxia-topped noodles on the menu. But I couldn't find anything online about it, and the menu features local items like bak chor mee and chili crab noodles too.

My egg noodles turned out very soft, but it was still edible with that salted egg yolk and fish skin topping. I was more excited about the "Western Mixed Vegetables" in the foreground, as it was basically a salad with a respectable mala dressing. I'd come back more for that salad, and perhaps also the novelty of their automated soft serve ice cream machine that dispensed a cone in exchange for returning your tray.

No comments: