Friday, April 15, 2022

Fei Lou Fatt near Springfield MRT Station in Singapore

Big Prawn-Zuke

The folks behind White Restaurant opened up a prawn noodle shop, and a rather commercialized-looking one at that (928 Upper Thomson Road, 6252-3400). Yet, I didn't go for their prawn noodles, as they had a rice option instead. Instead of calling it paofan though, they called it tangfan, or "prawn-zuke," as in ochazuke.

That meant that it came complete with a kettle on the side for the broth. Surely it was optimized for social media exposure, but there was a practical benefit to it too: it kept my excess broth warm, making for a nice chaser at the end of my meal.

Yeah, I liked that bowl above, even if the prawns were not as fresh as they could've been. The broth would've been better had they dialed back the sugar a notch or two, but it was still hearty and savory enough for me to clear everything, especially with the cilantro, rice cakes, and crackling keeping it all fun.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Springleaf MRT Station.

bma said...

LOL I watch too much Simpsons