Sunday, March 20, 2022

Kejia Laoleicha at Tanglin Halt Food Centre

Leichafan and Niangdoufu

I never thought that I would wait in line for leichafan. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the dish, but usually I'm one of the few people in the entire food court that likes it, so there usually isn't any wait. This stall, listed in Google Maps as Hakka Thunder Tea Rice, had a 30 minute wait at noon today (3A Commonwealth Drive #01-31).

It was pretty good, especially with those light yet crispy and salty ikan bilis, as well as the thick and gritty green broth bursting with basil. Yes, it's probably one of the best on the island, at least, of the ones that I've had. I don't know if I'd wait more than ten minutes for it, but it was good.

Actually, I suspect what people were really waiting in line for was the yong tau foo, which came out piping hot from the fryer with an option for a surprisingly earthy broth. This was leagues beyond those bland and boring ones that one usually finds at food courts. The service here was friendly too.

No comments: