Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Tampopo's Unazen at Ngee Ann City, Singapore

Seiro Mushi B

Had I known that this was run by the Tampopo folks, I wouldn't have rushed down here. See, there is a new unagi shop in the basement of Takashimaya Shopping Centre, complete with a nondescript exterior that made it look like it might be a transplant from Japan (391 Orchard Road #B2-33, 6235-2315). Only after I sat down and ordered did I realize that this place was basically just Tampopo next door. I felt duped.

In Tampopo's defense though, their food is actually half-decent. And I ate everything in my lunch set today, including that tender and fatty kurobuta kakuni. They even offered hone-senbei fried eel bones here. But I was still hitting myself on the head for not realizing that this was just Tampopo in sheep's clothing, wishing that I had gone to another lunch spot that I was considering earlier.

No comments: