Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Sapporo Misono Produced By Keisuke at Millenia Walk

Kogashi Ramen and Zangi

Keisuke is still opening restaurants! This one (9 Raffles Boulevard #02-15, 6254-7619) focuses on Sapporo ramen, which I'm usually not a fan of. So why then did I geek out and mark my calendar to be first in line today? Because they had one thing on their menu that I was very interested in: kogashi ramen. Could this finally be something like Gogyo's awesome bowl?

It didn't look like it when it first arrived, as the broth clearly wasn't the pitch black color that I was expecting. Instead, it was a slightly weird-looking brown, and the consistency was very thin too. But that didn't mean that it wasn't aromatic. If anything, it had a nice scent that admittedly took me a few seconds to put my finger on, but I eventually got it: teppanyaki. So instead of "drinking yakiniku" or even "drinking Cantonese hor fun," this was "drinking teppanyaki." It was unique enough to be interesting, although admittedly I got a bit tired of the bowl toward the end.

He also had zangi on the menu; I'm not sure if he offers this at his other shops or not, but it was impressively tender; perhaps even more moist than Rang Mang Shokudo, even if these were cut into much larger pieces. If I come back here, it would probably be more for the zangi than the ramen. Or maybe for one of the ikura bowls that I saw on the menu too.

1 comment:

Tomnoodles said...

miss the Kusabi ramens back, especially the spicy one!