Monday, October 05, 2020

China's Siye Niula ("Top 4 Noodle Master") Has Opened in Singapore


I've been waiting nearly a year for this chain from China to open. See, they've had signage up at 100 AM since November. I figured that they'd open a few months later, but then the pandemic hit, after which there was naturally no activity going on inside at all. I just as much figured that they gave up and withdrew altogether. But then last month there were signs of life again, and just yesterday they finally opened their doors. Yay! They're on the grounds of the former Sushi Burrito (100 Tras Street #01-06, 6970-7096).

It was pretty much what one would expect of a Lanzhou beef noodle shop: a wide selection of hand-pulled noodle shapes, plus a few varieties of toppings and sides, and that's it. I went for their signature bowl above: the noodles, beef, broth, and chili oil were all good enough for me to clear the entire bowl, even if it wasn't as aromatic, fatty, nor punchy as Shejianjian, Xibu Mahua, and Yi Zun. I won't go out of my way for it as a result, but I will eat it again, asking for extra chili, scallions, and coriander next time.

No comments: