Sunday, May 31, 2020

Delivery from Nouri on Amoy Street in Singapore

Clockwise from left: Beef Laap Maltagliati, Neesua (Niçoise) Salad, To Nourish You

This place isn't cheap (72 Amoy Street, 6221-4148). But it's a one Michelin-starred restaurant, and I figured that I might as well indulge now that we're nearly out of the circuit breaker period. They do "crossroads cooking," which is basically fusion, but in a very high-end way, if all of the colorful plating in those cardboard boxes didn't give it away already.

Take for example, the larb on the right: yes, it's larb, but there are thin sheets of homemade maltagliati pasta underneath. And it's all garnished with a variety of herbs like dill and spices like Amazonian chili powder. It's also laced with candied nuts, which swings it far over to the sweeter end of the spectrum than I would normally venture. But given all of the contrasting tastes and textures in this thing, it worked.

Oh, the item on the left is their "neesua" salad, or their take on a Niçoise. Yet it featured hamachi instead, and was seasoned with cincalok...and I think I even detected some laksa leaf in there too. Again, normally laksa leaf is not my first choice, but I still happily ate it, along with their rye sourdough, nutmeg cheese, and vegetable broth in the background. The emphasis on fresh herbs made everything very aromatic.

No comments: