Friday, April 24, 2020

Meta Restaurant's Circuit Breaker Korean Menu

Meta Restaurant's Circuit Breaker Korean Menu

Here's another one Michelin-starred restaurant doing takeaway and delivery (1 Keong Saik Road, 6513-0898). It's run by a Korean chef trained in Australia, and his circuit breaker menu features a couple of upscale wagyu and iberico pork bowls. They were a bit pricey for me, so I went for the much cheaper "Korean Menu" above.

It centered around a Korean chicken stew, but I was much more excited about the botanjang prawns in the foreground. They were awesome: fresh, firm, tender, naturally sweet (with nice headfat to suck on), and in a deliciously light soy marinade.

I liked it so much that I was slurping up that savory ginger-laced marinade afterwards along with small wads of rice. I'm curious to see what his normal menu is like once the restaurant re-opens, although I suspect that the prices may be out of my league.

No comments: