Saturday, April 25, 2020

Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang, Bukit Merah View Hawker Centre

Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang

When I first walked past this stall a few weeks ago (115 Bukit Merah View #01-51), it didn't look very interesting to me. But I later realized that it's a Michelin Bib Gourmand. More importantly, they are only open a few hours each day, making it hard to get. I thus braved the 20 minute wait in line today to see what all of the fuss was about.

It was worth the wait, especially with that savory, peppery, and aromatic broth: reminiscent of sup kambing but slightly more clear. The cuts of meat were fatty and tender, going great with that sour chili sauce. I grabbed the yangza combo bowl today (featuring meat, tripe, and meatballs), but next time I should give the ribs a try; apparently they give you a straw for some sup tulang-like action.

No comments: