Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Anglo Indian Cafe & Bar on Shenton Way, Singapore

Chicken Tikka Masala

I must have passed by this place a million times (1 Shenton Way #01-08, 6636-9411). Each time I never bothered with it, figuring that it was surviving off of its convenient office worker location rather than the food itself. But two weeks ago, it was awarded a Michelin Bib Gourmand designation, making me wonder if I'd been missing out all of this time.

So I went with the Michelin-recommended chicken tikka masala for lunch today; it had a decent smoky aroma, but honestly I never would've thought this was a Bib Gourmand had no one told me. And frankly I prefer a richer and less tomato-ey butter chicken instead, so next time I'll try that to see how it compares to Jaggi's next door. Note: the food here isn't cheap, and forego the tasteless chaas next time.

No comments: