Friday, November 01, 2019

Watami's PASTAHOLIC at Clarke Quay Central, Singapore

Napolitan

We're back at Don Don Donki's food court again. There was one last stall that I wanted to try: this pasta shop, a sister restaurant to a Japanese chain called GOHAN. And it's run by the Watami folks too.

The good thing was that the prices were low, with plates starting at just S$8 (US$6). And the noodles were impressively firm. But it was all surprisingly salty, including not just that tomato-based one above but also a mentaiko cream one. I don't think I'll be going back to this place then.

So my verdict after this week's food court adventures? Kanda Soba tops the list, followed by Sugimoto. The others are skippable. BTW, Doraya's karaage turned out to be a bit coarse, so I won't get that again either.

No comments: