Friday, November 01, 2019

Lombardo's from Amsterdam in Tanjong Pagar, Singapore

Dutch Cheese Burger

I'm taking a break from this week's streak at Don Don Donki to veer over to this burger shop from Holland (15 Duxton Road, 6970-9470). They serve upscale burgers, with the cheapest one starting at S$21 (US$15).

Perhaps not surprisingly, the burgers feature fancy things like homemade gherkins and a red wine onion compote. Normally, my aversion to sweet things would've scared me off, but I kinda liked it, mainly because of the care that went into the various textures, like the airy bun with a subtle crunch to it. His fries took on a similar approach, featuring an impressively crispy exterior without being dry, all tossed with a bit of lime zest.

But neither the fries nor beef featured much of their own natural taste, which are the things that tend to appeal to me. And I doubt that I'll pay a whopping S$8 (US$6) for those fries again. But I am glad that I tried it.

No comments: