Thursday, October 31, 2019

Hong Kong's Doraya at Clarke Quay Central, Singapore

Toro Steak Rice Bowl

You guessed it; I'm back at Don Don Donki's food court at Clarke Quay Central. Today I tried a maguro-don stall called Doraya, which is from Causeway Bay, of all places. I went for their original toro steak rice bowl above, the ingredients of which were fine. But it was also drowning in a very sweet sauce. It was so sweet that it was almost candy-like, which was just unnecessary in my opinion.

To be fair, if I stopped thinking about what it *should* taste like, and instead set my expectations to think of this as a dish of its own, then I can see what the appeal is (i.e., basically, it's sweet!). But it's not something that I am going to get again. I am kinda curious though to see if the karaage set that they advertised is anything like Rang Mang Shokudo.

No comments: