Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Shiroi Tonkatsu by Nikukappo at Clarke Quay Central

US Shiroi Tonkatsu

I'm back at Don Don Donki's food court. Tonight, tried this stall, which is run by the Niku Kappo folks (which in turn is run by the Watami folks, right?). Anyway, as the name says, they serve white tonkatsu. Or at least, in the photos and plastic models, the panko coating looked white. It turned out to be slightly yellow.

I was curious to see if it tasted any different though. It did, but not in a good way, as it came across like mushy dough. Sure, the pork was tender, and maybe it would've been better had I paid three bucks more for the Hokkaido pork rather than US pork. But I nearly didn't bother to finish it.

Well, the nice thing is that they gave you unlimited soup and salad here, which meant that I left here stuffed. I was also rather excited by the Drink Drunk Donki bar around the corner, which did dirt cheap umeshu glasses for only S$4 (US$3) during happy hour. And there's no service charge if you drink it in the food court!

1 comment:

ET said...

i had a similar experienced when i ate there, sadly i would not go back there again