Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Sliced Hokkaido Scallops from Mui Kee Congee, Singapore

Sliced Raw Hokkaido Scallops

I just realized that I haven't been back to Mui Kee since they moved to their permanent digs at Shaw Centre (1 Scotts Road #01-12, 6737-2422). The menu has more variety now, featuring things like those sliced scallops above, which were delightful with their natural sweetness, delicate seasoning, and scallion garnish (yep, I went to my next meeting with some lovely dragon breath).

Now, at S$14 (US$10), it was more expensive than the porridge that I got. But hey, they're Hokkaido scallops after all. Side note: the menu actually has an icon denoting which porridge bowls have wok hei, and it's only the parrot fish belly. I'll go back to that one next time, especially since the meatball version oddly featured shredded iceberg lettuce.

1 comment:

Sofia said...

Love love love your blog! Have been a fan for years... Just thought you might not know that parrotfish are critical for helping to save our coral reefs. https://www.virgin.com/virgin-unite/leadership-and-advocacy/parrotfish-the-fish-that-can-save-coral-reefs