Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Locavore Kitchen & Drinks in the Philippines

Green Curry Bicol Express

Normally I would've looked past a small chain like this, thinking (incorrectly) that they were doing Western food. But when I looked again, I realized that they were doing Filipino food...and yes, based on local ingredients. I thus decided to come here, and boy, am I glad I did. This was the best meal that I've had all week. The Bicol Express above was nothing like what I had at Abe earlier, as this one was loaded up with tender ribs and fresh veggies like eggplant, all lubricated by a sweet oil that went well with white rice. I also got a sizzling sinigang, whose sour and garlicky coating kinda reminded me of the chicken at Versailles. I would happily eat here again, and in fact regret not coming here earlier.

No comments: